Craig Lowndes and Jamie Wincup become "Kings of the Mountain"
Topics: Bathurst 1000, Craig Lowndes, Jamie Whincup
October 9, 2006
On Sunday the 888 Race Engineering team of Craig Lowndes and Jamie Wincup took out this year Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 and took the first ever "Kings of the Mountain" trophy - in honour of Peter Brock - home. The race was plagued with 10 safety car appearances with a little over a third of the field be wiped out, with Mark Skaife, the race favourite, being knocked out in the first lap. It's the first year this Peter Brock Trophy is given to the winners.
The top ten result were as follows:
1. Craig Lowndes/Jamie Whincup : Team Betta Electrical : Ford Falcon
2. Rick Kelly/Todd Kelly : Toll HSV Dealer Team : Holden Commodore
3. James Courtney/Glenn Seton : JELD-WEN Motorsport : Ford Falcon
4. Russell Ingall/Luke Youlden : Caltex Racing : Ford Falcon
5. Steven Richards/Paul Dumbrell : Jack Daniel's Racing : Holden Commodore
6. Paul Morris/Steve Ellery : Siromet Racing : Holden Commodore
7. Steve Owen/Tony Longhurst : Autobarn Racing : Holden Commodore
8. Nathan Pretty/Paul Weel : Super Cheap Auto Racing : Holden Commodore
9. Alex Davison/Grant Denyer : APVC Racing : Ford Falcon
10. Jason Bargwanna/Craig Baird :WPS Racing : Ford Falcon
This article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
|Connect with The Crittenden Automotive Library|