NATIONAL AUTOMOBILE CLUB.
|Topics: American Automobile Association
The New York Times
March 5, 1902
Eight Organizations Form an Association at Chicago and Elect Officers.
CHICAGO, March 4.—Delegates from eight of the leading motor vehicle organizations of the East and the West at the Coliseum to-day, completed the formation of a National body to be called the American Automobile Association. The organization will be governed by a Board of Directors, composed of the President, First Vice President, and Treasurer, ex-officio, with the seven other Directors. Each club will have as many votes in the association as it has active, associate, and life members, and will pay $10 initiation fee and $3 annually as dues for each of its members. There will be annual meetings of the association in the Spring, alternating between the East and West. Officers were chosen from the eight clubs sending delegates to the convention as follows:
Winthrop E. Scarritt, Automobile Club of America, President; F. C. Donald, Chicago Automobile Club, First Vice President; W. W. Grant, Long Island Automobile Club, Second Vice President; W. G. Morris, Automobile Club of Philadelphia, Third Vice President; Jefferson Seligman, Automobile Club of America, Treasurer; S. M. Butter, Secretary of Automobile Club of America, Secretary; F. G. Wells and A. E. Pardington, Long Island Automobile Club; A. R. Shattuck, Automobile Club of America; W. J. Stewart, New Jersey Automobile Club; F. C. Lewin, Automobile Club of Philadelphia, and Dr. Chase, Automobile Club of Rhode Island.
|Connect with The Crittenden Automotive Library|