Over the previous 16 years, over £406,000 has been raised for cancer charities. For 2014, the team are again raising cash for Against Breast Cancer and Orchid - Fighting Male Cancer. This year's total has broken the previous record, set last year before Gift Aid is added and has closed at £40,658.45.
The ladies of Bognor Regis Motor Club Ltd have chosen the four-star Belton Woods near Grantham, Lincolnshire. [www.deverehotels.co.uk/hotel-lodges/locations/belton-woods]. The hotel offers comfortable rooms and great hospitality, plus extensive leisure facilities and large off road car park.
Due to the popularity of the tour, there are already 56 reservations for the 70 available places; if you wish to join in the fun and fundraising and own a classic car registered before 31 December 1979, log onto www.theregisclassictour.co.uk and download a flyer.
:: Friday night: registration, followed by three-course buffet dinner and live music.
:: Saturday: English breakfast. Morning coffee and cake at Lincs Aviation Heritage Centre to see progresswith the restoration of Lancaster "Just Jane" [www.lincsaviation.co.uk]. Light lunch halt and optional tour of Batemans Brewery [www.bateman.co.uk] or Magdalen College Museum [www.wainsfleet.info]. Afternoon tea halt at The Bubble Car Museum [www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk]. Visit to Heckington 8 Sail Windmill [www.heckingtonwindmill.org.uk] and Heckington Station Museum. Evening Gala Dinner, Grand Tombola and Auction hosted by Rob Hunt.
:: Sunday: English breakfast. Morning coffee halt at Pipewell Hall [www.pipewellhall.com]. Visit to Warner Edwards Gin Distillery as featured on BBC Country File [www.warneredwards.com]. Hot Farewell buffet at Uppingham School [www.uppingham.co.uk].
- Comprehensive, easy-to-follow Tulip roadbook.
- Rigid rally plate.
- Commemorative gift.
- Mounted photograph of your car en-route.
- The services of an extremely experienced team of volunteer marshals to ensure that your weekend is a joy.All meals mentioned above, Entry fees, toll fees and any parking charges are all included in the very reasonable entry fee of £350 per person, sharing a twin/double en-suite room. Hotel upgrades are available at a supplement.
The event is run by a team of voluntary lady marshals, ably assisted by their menfolk. Each year, the aim of the tour is to visit and explore a different area of the country, enjoy local food and drink and celebrate what is unique and special in that area.
Once this is achieved the idea is to raise as much money for charity while enjoying a great fun, social weekend, with like-minded folk and their cherished classic cars. The format must work, as repeat bookings are the norm, with many previous tourists bringing friends on their second visit. In fact, there are several crews who have done upwards of nine of the 16 previous tours.
For the past six years, an additional experience has been planned for the Sunday evening, for those wishing to extend their weekend in the chosen area. For 2014, the plan is to include a coach trip to Woodhall Spa for supper, then on to Kinema in the Woods with some rare historic Shell Motorsport films being shown. This should be around £30 per person for coach, supper, hire of Kinema in the Woods and films. Discounted accommodation rates are available at Belton Woods Hotel for Thursday and Sunday evening at £75 per room Bed & Breakfast - Single or Double occupancy.
As the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight is only a few miles from the hotel and the whole tour is too large to be accommodated there at one time, we hope to have timed slots for Monday morning, so that those staying over will have the opportunity to visit while in the area, if they pre-book through the tour.
Saturday evening's auction is always a highlight; with Rob Hunt presiding, it will hopefully raise a good sum of money. Already, there are some wonderful lots on offer, including:
- One Night Bed & Breakfast stay at Belton Woods Hotel, Grantham [www.deverehotels.co.uk/hotel-lodges/locations/belton-woods].
- Alfredo de la Maria framed, limited-edition print, signed by Sir Stirling Moss, donated by Autosports Galley [www.autosports-gallery.com] and framed at cost by Frame Base.
- One week's use of John & Sarah Harmer's cottage in Tideswell, Derbyshire (sleeps six).
- Carcoon donated by Howard Peters (bought a few years ago, but never used).
- Neale Thomas original charcoal & white gouache study for a painting titled "Concentration 2013".
- One week's use of June & Michael Wildgoose's Park Home, near Praa Sands,
Cornwall (sleeps four).
- An overnight stay at Puckrup Hall Hotel in Tewkesbury.
- Cook & Dine Experience at The Bistro at Haguelands Village, donated by Ruth Denzey [www.thebistro-kent.co.uk].
- Two beautiful, framed prints of a vintage Alfa and Bentley, drawn by Roger Fountain[www.nealethomas-retroracingcar-paintings.com].
- Alfredo de la Maria framed, limited-edition print, donated by Autosports Galley [www.autosports-gallery.com] and framed at cost by Frame Base
-Technical Centre Tour for two of the Lotus F1 Team at Enstone Headquarters [www.lotusf1team.com].
Interesting additional lots are always welcome, especially those money-can't-buy lots!
There will be more opportunities to purchase some special items via Rob Hunt's Taster Auction, which precedes the main event and also in our Secret Auction.
- ends -
For more information, please contact:
Tel: 01243 542674
Photos are available via www.edpphoto.com - the official photographers for the tour.
[Distributed by CDWrite on behalf of Bognor Regis Motor Club Ltd. To unsubscribe from all CDWrite email lists, please reply with "STOP" as the subject line]