The Washington Herald
October 9, 1913
From the Scientific American.
The new French Schneider ambulance is a veritable portable hospital, being a truck of probably the largest size yet constructed and having an operating room in the middle part, with two smaller rooms at the ends. It contains an electric plant, which is used for lighting, water pumping and sterilizing and for surgical motors. Water is pumped in by hose from a well or pond, and after passing through the ultra-violet ray sterilizer it is stored in a tank. When the ambulance is brought to the spot, for instance on a battlefield, a wing in the shape of a tent is formed by a tarpaulin on each side of the wagon, and the two tents are electrically lighted through windows in the sides of the car.
|Connect with The Crittenden Automotive Library|