Challenge to All Drivers
September 25, 2007
OK, folks. Here's a challenge to all you "good" drivers...
For the next 30 days, don't violate any t raffic laws. You might want to pick up a Rules of the Road at the DMV next to Aldi's (you know, the old Jewel) and refresh yourself.
1. Drive at the posted speed limit (be nice now; use the right lane). No cheating. Not even 1-2MPH over. Definitely not 5-10MPH over.
2. When the light turns yellow, stop if you can. You do know when it's legal to keep going. CAUTION: Watch the idiot behind you who expects you to run the yellow. I don't want to be responsible for getting the back end of your car re-styled.
3. Wait on the green light before filling up the intersection to turn left. Be sure you can get through before the light turns red. (This is more courtesy than the law.)
4. Obey crosswalk signs and let pedestrians cross. (Don't wave them in front of you. If they get hit by someone who doesn't stop, you'll find yourself smack dab in the middle of a lawsuit.)
5. Don't tailgate.
6. Don't block intersections and driveways.
Anybody willing to try this? Nah, don't "try" it. DO it. I dare you. Let me know what happens. Write to Gus@WoodstockAdvocate.com
|Connect with The Crittenden Automotive Library|