More Court Waste
Topics: Viking Dodge
January 23, 2009
Remember Wayne - of Viking Dodge v. Wayne Beto fame?
I was at the McHenry County courthouse this week and looked up the number of entries in the computer system at the courthouse! Count them for yourself.
1. 11/3/06 Case No. 06LA000351 was filed by Viking Dodge against Wayne Beto
2. 3/2/07 Continued
3. 5/22/07 Continued on motion by Viking Dodge
4. 6/19/07 Status check - continued
5. 7/17/07 Case re-assigned
6. 8/2/07 Motion to Dismiss - set for hearing
7. 8/30/07 Motion to Dismiss - allowed
8. 11/1/07 Status check - continued
9. 1/10/08 Status check - continued
10. 1/25/08 Motion to Compel - allowed
11. 2/8/08 Status check - continued
12. 3/2/08 Status check - continued
13. 4/18/08 Status check - continued
14. 6/13/08 Status check - continued by Viking Dodge's Motion
15. 6/27/08 Status check - continue
16. 8/18/08 Status check - set date for jury trial
17. 1/14/09 Motion to Dismiss by Viking Dodge - granted
Is it any wonder that our court system is clogged to the gills? I wonder whether anyone at the courthouse is looking at cases like this one and trying to figure out how to put a stop to this kind of nonsense.
Why didn't the court put its foot down, set a trial date and tell both sides to be ready or forget it. This case could have - and should have - been over in 4-6 months.
|Connect with The Crittenden Automotive Library|