12 Critical Tips to Saving on Airport Parking
Off-site airport parking is a boon for travelers. Often they prove to be cheaper than parking lots run by airports and online discounts and other conveniences make the option even more attractive.
Satellite parking lots face competition and so it is easy for those in the know to save big.
Here are a few insights:
1. Keep a tab on offers. As the race for success becomes intense, all sites run attractive offers giving away coupons or web only deals. Many offer an e-coupon that entitles the user to a day's free parking at selected parking lots. This means a saving of US$ 18. Other offers give away a day if you park for two days or 50% off on the first days parking fee.
2. If you are a frequent user of parking lots check for offers where a parking operator with a major presence near airports you use offers a 50% discount if you purchase a certain number of parking vouchers online or on the phone using your credit card.
3. Many parking sites have a different rate for different parking positions. Check on the kinds of parking and rate differences. You could save up to $ 55 for a seven day parking.
4. Ask for rates depending on the length of stay. Rates vary so if you are going to need parking for a week then you could get a higher discount than the daily rate on offer.
5. Many run a frequent user program where repeat customers are offered many facilities. This is similar to frequent flier programs.
6. Find out if the lots you use offer special discounts to members of AARP, AAA, or other such organizations. In fact, AA members save between 10-20% on parking. Some sites even offer the service of picking up and dropping your car from the airport terminal.
7. Do your research well compare providers, the rates on offer, as well as facilities at the place you need to park. If you are clever you can get more for less.
8. Before you travel use the internet to check on daily and weekly parking offers. There are free days, discounted weekly rates, and guaranteed rates on offer at various times. You can avail the offer by making a booking online or printing out the page with a code and presenting it to the cashier at the parking lot.
9. Keep track of promotions especially during holiday seasons. Many lots accept coupons and give away discounts offered by consumer products
10. Often pre-booking parking can get you a saving of even 60% and more.
11. Hotels often offer parking specials, so make use of the extra facility being offered by the hotel you plan to stay in.
12. Some travel agents who book flight tickets offer advice or coupons for parking at the point of exit and entry. Ask you agent when you book your flight.
Off site parking is not just fast and convenient it can be a saving too.
Article Source: http://www.ArticleGeek.com - Free Website Content
|Connect with The Crittenden Automotive Library|